Pick Up and Go Accreditation
Ditch the queues and get on the water!
COMPLETE your accreditation now and pick up when you arrive at WWXL.
All competitors are required to complete and sign the WWXL Entry and Disclaimer Form prior to training or competing. If you've entered in more than one Event (Slalom, Rafting, Boatrx) you only need to complete one form.
Accreditation must be worn at all times to gain access to 'ATHLETE ONLY' areas.
Arriving in New Zealand
DOWNLOAD our Travel Advisory Document which contains information on travelling to New Zealand from Immigration, Visa Requirements, Arriving in New Zealand, Customs, to Biosecurity as well as a bunch of useful links.
This document was last updated on 30 May 2017 by MBIE and is a guideline only.
Auckland Airport is a major airline hub in New Zealand and there are many domestic and international destinations for visitors to continue on to find out more here.
It's easy to hire a car, grab a shuttle or public transport from the International Arrivals Terminal to the venue or your accommodation.
Airport transport with boats can be a pain but we've found the Supershuttle is the best option. They have racks on their trailers and so long as you have a tie down they can transport you and your boat to wherever you want to go.
Make the most of your time in Auckland and go exploring. With an unbeatable combination of city style and an amazing natural playground right on the doorstep, it’s easy to hop from one adventure to the next.
Kayak, sail, or jet boat around Auckland’s sparkling harbours and beautiful emerald islands then get your groove on at a late night hotspot. Wander past waterfalls deep in the native rainforest before heading up Auckland’s iconic Sky Tower as the sun sinks and the city lights start to shine. Cycle around the volcanic cone of North Head for incredible views from the summit then join the locals for a craft beer at one of the popular micro-breweries and brew bars around the region.
For more ideas and inspiration on Auckland’s top spots, head to www.aucklandnz.com/visit.
Within 1.5 kms
- Manukau Heights Motor Lodge, 21 Redoubt Road, Manukau City. Ph 09 263 6121, www.theheights.net.nz
- Manukau Holiday Park, 902 Great South Road, Manukau City. Ph 09 266 8016, www.manukaupark.gophercp.co.nz
- Proximity Apartments Manukau City, 17 Amersham Way, Manukau City. Ph 09 263 5450, www.proximityapartments.net.nz
Within 5-7 km's
- Academy At Botany Motor Inn, 4 Leixlep Lane, Botany Downs. Ph 09 272 3320, www.academy-botany.co.nz
- Botany Motor Inn, 29-31 Kellaway Drive, Botany Downs. Ph 09 271 2638, www.botanyinn.co.nz
- Budget Travellers Inn, 558 Great South Road, Manukau City. Ph 09 278 8947, www.budgetravellers.co.nz
- Camelot Arms Motor Lodge, 525 Great South Road, Manukau City. Ph 09 278 9794, www.camelotarms.co.nz
- Dannemora Motor Inn, 28 Accent Drive, Dannemora. Ph 9 274 4781, www.dannemoramotorinn.co.nz
- Fiveforty on Great South Motel, 540 Great South Road, Otahuhu. Ph 09 276 2249, www.540.co.nz
- Grange Lodge, 1 Grange Road, Papatoetoe. Ph 09 277 8280, www.manukauaccommodation.co.nz
- Waldorf Newhaven Apartments, 40 Newhaven Drive, Botany Downs. Ph 09 250 4730, www.auckland-apartment-hotel.co.nz
Within the Airport area (9 kms)
Vector Wero Whitewater Park
Vector Wero Whitewater Park is conveniently located approximately 15 minutes from Auckland International Airport and approximately 30 minutes from Auckland city centre.
Driving times are dependent on traffic volume and it is recommended to check traffic reports and peak traffic times to avoid delays.
The venue address is: 770 Great South Rd, Wiri, Auckland 2104
Parking charges apply at the venue. Parking fees are $4 for the first hour then 50c per hour thereafter. Payment is only by debit card, credit cards (eftpos, visa or m/card) or Vodafone txt-a-park. The pay machines do not accept cash. Parking has a 50c processing fee
See further information here https://www.pacific.org.nz/parking
Vector Wero Whitewater Park has ample kayak and canoe rack storage in secure containers for your race week.
We ask you to bring your own sun protection (clothing to cover up, a sun umbrella, sunglasses, and a hat) – when the sun is out it’s extremely hot and burn time is minimal.
The full schedule, including training sessions is available here https://wwxl.co.nz/event-schedule/
This schedule is subject to change. Full details on training slots will be updated shortly.
Prize Money and Points
Full details of points and prize money allocation is here https://wwxl.co.nz/prize-money-points/
We’ll be sending out regular updates prior to the event via email and through our Athlete's Private Facebook Group. You can join the group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/WWXL2017/
If you're staying on in New Zealand after WWXL then check out below other whitewater events on around the country.